Monday, January 30, 2012

Dinner Success


Now that I have been a wife for almost 6 years, and a mother for 5, I am finally learning how to cook dinner for my family. In part, I owe it to Pinterest - the rest of me is just sick of eating out all the time.

Saturday I made a broccoli pasta that was pretty good, but I guess my husband said it wasn't as good the second time around (he brought some leftovers to work for lunch today).

Tonight I got home at 6:50 from work, and Jon got home around 8:00pm - by the time he was home I had herb marinated chicken on the table & oreo brownie volcano cake in the oven. For the chicken, I used a website called www.recipekey.com where you tell it what you have in your pantry & it comes up with recipes that match several of the items. I had to modify the recipe a bit because I did not have time for a full-blown marinade, but it turned out great. I baked the chicken breasts in the marinade - it took a little longer to cook thoroughly, but it was very moist. Dessert was inspired by all of these desserts I see on Pinterest with oreos in them. It was supposed to be brownies (made from a box mix), but I didn't have any more eggs, so I substituted about 1/2 cup of applesauce and a dash of baking powder. It turned into an absolutely sinful dark chocolate oreo volcano cake!

No comments: